Can I Ship My Work and Not Attend?
Yes, you can ship and not attend. But you will need to get a friend or colleague to hang the work for you.
You can also hire a private technician. Here are three companies that supply technicians:
The London Picture Hanger: www.londonpicturehanger.com
There are size restrictions on the packages that you can send. Please see the restrictions here.
This is the general process for shipping and not attending:
1) You would ship your work to our storage to arrive at the set date. If you have used an agent, because you are shipping from outside of the UK and EU, you would ship it to them and they would forward the delivery onto to our storage after checking through UK customs
2) Our team would transport it within London to the venue.
3) Your friend, colleague or private technician would collect it at the venue and hang it.
4) Our staff would process any sales on your behalf and monitor the work at the fair.
5) After the show, your friend, colleague or private technician would repack any unsold work and leave it with our team.
6) Our team would transport the package back to our storage space and you would receive an email from our shipping department that there is work to pick up.
7) You would arrange your shipper to pick up again.
Do You Print Art Work?
No. Exhibitors that ask this question are usually considering the shipping option. We suggest that you send a digital file to a London printer who will then frame and deliver to our storage. This is the method that previous exhibitors have used in the past with success. It saves you shipping costs.